The president of GSEVEE, spoke about a 30-50% reduction in turnover nationwide at the weekends, when the measures started to be implemented.
Nationwide closure of restaurants on Tuesday November 16, 2021 decided the Attica Association of Restaurants and Related Businesses.
As noted in a statement: «Restaurant businesses seek support measures, to avoid permanent closures and job losses».
Read the full press release:
Restaurants are bleeding. Permanent closures and job losses are just around the corner.
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021, we join forces and close our stores for 24 hours throughout Greece. Delivery of a resolution on the same day to the Prime Minister at the Maximos Mansion at 12.00.
Respecting public health, we seek sustainable support measures so that we and our thousands of employees can survive.
· Adjustment of fines and their transfer to the offender.
· Change of repayable advance to NON-repayable.
· Participation in decision making with participation in the competent committees.
· Subsidy of energy costs and rent.
· Subsidy of employer contributions or suspension of employment contracts.
· Exemption from the payment of municipal fees.
· Reduction of VAT to 6%.
· Continuation of the subsidy of loan installments.
· New funding similar to those of 2020 and the beginning of 2021.